iOS 9 update is here!
All students need to update their iPads to Apple’s latest operating system (iOS 9.2).
With this update:
- Your iPad becomes more intelligent and proactive with powerful search and improved Siri features.
- New multitasking features for iPad allow you to work with two apps simultaneously, side by side or with the new Picture-in-Picture feature.
- And, improvements at the foundation of the operating system enhance performance, improve security, and give you up to an hour or extra battery life.
As always, we strongly recommend that you make sure you have backed up using Google Drive and/or iCloud before completing any updates.
Under normal conditions the update will take about an hour to complete. We recommend that you run the update while at home so as not to disrupt school use of your iPad. Plug the iPad in to the charger and open Settings -> General -> Software Update. Then click on Download and Install. Accept the terms and let the update complete.
Students' iPads must be in the school-provided or school-approved cases at all times.
School-Provided iPad Cases
Laingsburg Community Schools has provided an iPad case for each student. These cases provide:
- Thick walls and corners for ultimate protection
- Passes military standard 6' drop test
- Integrated Polycarbonate Screen Protector
Cases should only be removed by qualified staff. Unauthorized removal of the case can cause damage to the screen protector and students may be responsible for the replacement cost.
Chargers have been distributed to all students.
If your iPad is broken or not working properly it must be immediately reported and turned in to the appropriate office staff in your building. iPads are sent in for repair every Tuesday and normally will be shipped back to the school within 1 week. A loaner iPad (for in-school use) will be provided during the repair period.
New Student Printing/Charging Stations
Laingsburg High School has installed new printing and iPad charging stations for student use. The printers will show up as available automatically on your iPads.
- Student Station #1 is located in the main hallway, in front of the Copy Room
- Student Station #2 is located in the main hallway, in front of the Social Sciences wing